Dedicated to the business of mobile games
Bought to you from the team behind PocketGamer.co.uk,
the world's number one consumer site for mobile and handheld games, PocketGamer.biz
is all about the industry, processes, technology and deals that drive the business which makes these games happen.
From breaking industry stories and in-depth interviews with key executives and players to coverage of industry conferences and events, and detailed analysis of mobile games metrics, if it makes a difference to the developers, publishers, operators, handset manufacturers, and service providers, then you can expect to see it here.
And as well as providing a daily news service, PocketGamer.biz's
knowledge is available in regular industry reports such as our Mobile Games Trends reports
. These provide the key trends, facts and figures for the mobile games market, ranging from the competitive analysis of publishers to game case studies, market data and financial performance.
PocketGamer.biz also highlights the best companies in the business with annual features such as its Top Developer of the Year awards.
POCKET GAMER.BIZ PROMISES YOU
- Provide the inside track on the news that really matters
- Offer analysis and opinion on what this could mean, not just press releases
- Interview the biggest names in the business on a regular basis
- Champion innovation and attempt to unite the industry behind campaigns that will genuinely help it grow
- Be a regular presence at all the major events and conferences
- Listen to all your feedback and continue to hone our site to ensure it serves the industry in the most effective way
What's more, join our site and you'll...
- Get a regular digest email outlining key stories and events
- Be able to add your own thoughts and feedback to the big issues directly
- Link your PocketGamer.co.uk and .biz memberships together for ease of access
- Benefit from the additional features that we'll be adding on a regular basis from day one
- Stand a chance of being included on our editorial panel and our regular market surveys
WHO IS POCKET GAMER.BIZ?
||Jon Jordan | Editor
Jon remembers the heady days of 'surfing the BT Cellnet' (ahem), and text-based WAP mobile gaming with a certain degree of nostalgia. Everything's moved on plenty since then, of course. Not least Jon, who now boasts several million colours, a touchscreen and up to 8GB of inbuilt memory. It's not done much for his battery life, though. As well as being PocketGamer.biz's editor, Jon is one of Pocket Gamer's co-founders.
||Keith Andrew | Writer
With a fine eye for detail, Keith Andrew is fuelled by strong coffee, the backbeats of Kylie Minogue and the shapely curve of a san serif font. As well as being Pocket Gamer's resident football gaming expert, he is the oracle of mobile OS install bases. It's also a contractual stipulation that all his biz headlines must contain a number. Keith demands it.
||Chris James| Managing Director
If you haven't come across the founder and MD of Steel Media, then Chris really hasn't been doing his job very well. A regular on the conference circuit, he has spoken at MGF, MEM and chaired Develop Mobile, as well as serving on the judging panels of every award from the Mobile Choice and Motorola MotoDev to the IMGAs and Meffys. If he hasn't pitched an idea to you yet, then either you're about to receive a call or you're doing something wrong!
In addition to the names above, we'll be calling on a team of respected analysts and writers to ensure our coverage is as deep and wide-ranging as possible.
The legal bit:
PocketGamer.biz is a trading name of Steel Media Ltd.
www.pocketgamer.biz © Steel Media Limited 2008
Registered in England and Wales. No. 4352070.
Registered office: 17 Wilmar Close, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1AS.