We are looking for a friendly new team member to come and join us in our studio in Hackney, London. Just a few steps away from the Broadway market, London Fields station and park.
Minilab Studios is a brand new creative production company that is seeking to make the most beautiful, engaging digital products that children can get their hands on. Whilst we are our own entity, we are also the digital arm of award-winning comic and children’s book publishers Nobrow and Flying Eye Books.
We have already launched 4 games that have been featured by Apple, Google and Amazon, reaching over 1.3 million downloads to date.
About the role
We would love to work with somebody who:
- has 4 to 6 years professional experience in game development with Unity (both 2D and 3D) and C#
- is passionate about games and interactive media (children’s sector a plus)
- has shipped at least 2 mobile titles to market (iOS and/or Android), preferably with freemium model design and implementation experience
- is able to give examples of previous projects and explain levels of involvement
- design, architect, test and implement game features
- has an eye for good UX and slick UI
- has an understanding of animation, physics and particle engines
- excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- good level of English
- has experience with game baas services
- has worked on a game with live ops
- some knowledge of 3D/2D packages such as Maya/Spine
- past experience in mentoring/leading a team or a desire to move into this position
- is comfortable animating with code
- has a grasp of graphics editing software such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
The role will be full time and you will be expected to work in-house at our offices in East London.
You will primarily be working alongside our creative director as well as a technical artist and Unity developers.
Market rate salary based on experience.
Applicants must be able to work in the UK.
International applicants with knowledge of an additional language (especially French, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Russian) are welcome and we can provide some help in the relocation process.
If you fit the bill and are interested in joining us on this exciting new foray into the world of digital, we would love to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept agency resumes.