Hello gamer! We’re looking for a Senior Player Support Specialist with oodles of passion and proactivity to join us here in Espoo!
Working within our Delta team’s player support function you will be the lead for a key title within Rovio’s family of games, whilst also being the game’s player advocate inside Rovio.
Delta team is a central Rovio team, serving our five studios. We provide services including QA, player services, delivery, user research and audio. So as well as your primary focus of managing this key title, you will also experience first-hand the various operational duties that the Delta team manage in bringing games to the world, from early-stage market insights to going live in the app stores.
Ideally you already have plenty of experience in managing customer support operations and you personify world-class customer support and dedication to the craft.
Your key tasks and responsibilities would be:
- Ensuring Rovio’s quality standards and reputation are upheld with regards to player satisfaction.
- Continually maintaining and improving player self-help channels
- Knowing your game(s) inside out
- Answering player support emails concerning technical problems and usability issues for a given Rovio title across different platforms in a timely, knowledgeable and polite manner.
Player advocate to the game team
- Represent the players from within the game team and can actively coach the development team to plan player support into its activities
- Provide timely and routine player-centric reports to the game team
- Ensure full visibility to the quality of the live title at all times to the game team
- Attending all relevant project-specific meetings as the voice of the player
- Being fully aware of new updates, their impact on player experience and any actions Rovio may take to mitigate potential player pain
- Backlog prioritisation influence
- Following up on any existing game issues on a regular basis through thorough tracking and reporting
- Fostering a positive attitude and working in co-operation
- Managing our support partners in both day-to-day operations and with a view to long-term sustained excellence in the work they do
- Continuous education and sharing of knowledge with our partners in a systematic and timely manner
- Training, educating and instructing external player support team members
- Quality assessments of external agents on a regular basis to ensure that knowledge is correctly utilised by partners
Within the player support function
- Share best practices from the ways of working within your title to ensure that we can all improve from each other
- Leading or participating in short-term projects concerning internal process development, communications improvements, systems development etc, when needed.
- Understanding the future of player support and how this relates to your games so that you can anticipate and plan for future needs
- Appraising and monitoring KPIs to keep service as consistent as possible
- Onboarding of new team members
- Circular communication of knowledge regarding bugs, UX and the roadmap from developers to players
- Bringing proactive improvements and solutions to both game and player support roadmaps
Sounds like a lot? Well it is! But you’re up for it, right?
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Six years of player support experience, preferably over email. Technical support is an advantage
- Being a keen gamer
- Bachelor’s degree or some form of formal training is considered as an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Familiarity with and interest in mobile devices from a player perspective
- Patience with facing difficult issues
- Ability to process large amounts of information quickly and sort the technical details of it through all the feedback received
- An analytical mind to ensure that we are data driven in decision making
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Additional skills in either web development or SQL are a plus
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in a truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- A great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop, sport vouchers, sauna, massage and more
- Oh, and we've got good coffee. And fresh fruits. And free soda :)
Slingshot your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!