Who are we?
Playwing is an independent Game Developer and Publisher with a lot of passion for games. One of our team’s main goals is to improve the gaming experience for players.
For that reason we publish, distribute, and develop games for several countries worldwide. We are continuously innovating and seeking for the best UX.
Playwing is a sister company to Ubisoft, Guillemot Corporation and Longtail Studios. The company has operational offices in Rennes (France), Madrid (Spain), Bucharest (Romania), Kharkiv (Ukraine), Montreal (Canada) and a sales office in San Diego (USA). We also count with two partner studios, Mando Productions, in Paris (France) Shinypix, in Bordeaux (France)
Are you interested in?
Leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of programmers in collaboration with the Tech Lead, as well as the collaboration with the other teams on the project. You will be also responsible for defining and tracking the schedule for your team, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team, and being an evangelist for the project.
If so, let’s talk!
You will be responsible of:
· Lead a programming discipline team at a technical and personnel level;
· Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team and track development efforts across the team;
· Balance staying on top of the code base/tech, actively engineering game systems/tools with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead;
· Determine the tech needs for the team, helping to establish clear coding best practices;
· Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the gameplay engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements
· Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems;
· Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming team;
· Continually review the game and development process and identify areas that need improvement.
You must have:
· 5+ years’ experience in the game development industry;
· 2+ years of relevant experience as team lead;
· Experience in managing team of 4+ employees is a must;
· Extensive knowledge of C++ programming and debugging with good knowledge of object oriented development;
· Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
· Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc.
· Good understanding of gameplay technology and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors.
· Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
· Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
· Experience with 3D games engines;
· Shipped console/PC title experience.
Got these? Even better:
· Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is a plus.
· Experience working on multiplayer games development (Online) is a plus.
· Performance optimization skills.
And these personal qualities define you!:
· Problem-solving and open-minded;
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
· Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, results-oriented;
· Sense of initiative, attention to details;
· Ability to work under pressure;
· Working well in a team environment;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
· Good oral and written communication in English;
· Good oral and written communication in French is a plus;
· Updating job knowledge proactively;
· Analytical and synthesis skills;
· Capacity to produce efficient software design;
· Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
· Passion for making and playing games.
And this is what we offer for being part of this amazing family!
· 3 weeks’ vacation
· 6 mobile days (if not taken, it will be paid at the end of the year)
· Full package insurance/RRSP
· Flexible hours
· Many activities paid by the employer
· No dress code
· Great and open-minded culture
· Start-up company with many opportunities
· You will work on big projects and with people who has many years of experience and amazing talent
· New and renovated office
· And you can also play videos games!! A great way to relax and having fun while working!
To Apply: https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?t=lead+programmer&jk=1c1f8629fa6244c8&_ga=2.258189699.868598394.1517228217-490026980.1516026788