Who are we?
Playwing (sister company to Ubisoft, Guillemot Corp., Longtail Studios, Ariann and Airlab Inc.) is an independent Game Developer and Publisher with a lot of passion for games. One of our team’s main goals is to improve the gaming experience for players.
For that reason we publish, distribute, and develop games for several countries worldwide. We are continuously innovating and seeking for the best UX.
Playwing has operational offices in Rennes (France), Madrid (Spain), Bucharest (Romania), Kharkiv (Ukraine), Montreal (Canada) and a sales office in San Diego (USA). We also count with two partner studios, Mando Productions, in Paris (France) Shinypix, in Bordeaux (France)
Are you interested in?
Creating and implementing game levels in line with the design and creative intentions to achieve the best gaming experience.
If so let’s talk!
You will be responsible of:
● Executes game levels;
● Participates in the gameplay conception for the levels;
● Understands and implements the desired gameplay in the levels;
● Assess and plan out the game world, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions;
● Uses interactive or non-interactive means to support the production intention;
● Participates in the design of the game space;
● Actively participate in design-specific discussions and design reviews;
● Uses available tools to create the game space;
● Fixes design bugs entered into the database by testers;
● Work in collaboration with the level artist to ensure that the level is playable and that the graphic elements and gameplay support each other.
You must have:
· Minimum 2 years of experience in level design and at least one shipped title;
· Experience designing levels for online multiplayer games development.
· Good knowledge of level editing tools (Unreal 4) and scripting languages such as LUA;
· Passionate about playing and making games.
· Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams;
· Proficiency in basic software such as word processing, spreadsheets, etc.;
· Good communication skills, with excellent English spoken and read/written;
· Ability to convey ideas and to provide clear formalization of complex concepts
· Ability to illustrate ideas via standard tools like Photoshop, 3DS Max, etc.
· Good knowledge of and experience in computer and video games;
· Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
· Open, curious and self-critical, with a keen eye for detail
Got these? Even better:
· BS/MS in Game Design, Interaction Design, or related
· Demonstrable skills and creativity in a strong portfolio
· Passionate about various visual domains (architecture, design, etc.)
And this is what we offer for being part of this amazing family!
· 3 weeks’ vacation
· 6 mobile days (if not taken, it will be paid at the end of the year)
· Full package insurance/RRSP
· Flexible hours
· Many activities paid by the employer
· No dress code
· Great and open-minded culture
· Start-up company with many opportunities
· You will work on big projects and with people who has many years of experience and amazing talent
· New and renovated office
· And you can also play videos games!! A great way to relax and having fun while working!