This week we launched our latest Mobile Games University course on Monetisation Design.
Making the choice to charge up-front, to use advertising or in-app-purchase isn't something to take lightly and each decision can fundamentally affect the kind of game you make.
Free game design lesson
Oscar has identified seven rules which will help game designers make sure that this doesn't come at the cost of making an enjoyable game. These are:
- Rule 1: Utility - What Do Your Players Value?
- Rule 2: Anticipation - Why Should They 'Expect Future Value'?
- Rule 3: Scarcity - What Are The 'Opportunity Costs'?
- Rule 4: Timing - Understanding the Player Lifecycle
- Rule 5: Repetition - Why Should Players Return To Play?
- Rule 6: Evidence - Why Analytics Is Essential
- Rule 7: Scale - The Ultimate Rule of Free-To-Play
Head here to register now for one of three timeslots throughout the day:
Session 1: 11:00 AM GMT (06:00 EST)
Session 2: 16:00 PM GMT (11:00 EST; 06:00 PST)
Session 3: 19:00 PM GMT (14:00 EST; 11:00 PST)
Presentations fill up quickly, so sign up before we run out of space!
While you're waiting for the webinar, check out our Mobile Games University course on Monetisation Design to start learning about the topic now.