Feeling the post GDC blues a little harder than usual? You know that's partly San Francisco's doing, right?
Not to worry, we have a cure.
Coming this summer is our very own PG Connects San Francisco. Set for June 27th to 28th, we're returning to North America to deliver our unique combination of short-form lectures, super smart engaged speakers sharing invaluable advice, and intensive networking to the mobile games industry.
To kick things off, we're unveiling our first set of confirmed speakers. These fabulous folk (listed alphabetically by company to avoid fighting) will be followed very soon by further announcements, but as they were fastest to commit they get first shot at the spotlight. Let them shine:
- Shum Singh, Agnitio Capital
- Jeferson Valadares, Bandai Namco America
- Keith Katzh, Execution Labs
- Caroline Stokes, Forward
- David Hoppe, Gamma Law
- Daniel Cho, InnoSpark
- Michael Ritter, Maple Media
- Aurora Klaeboe Berg, Megacool
- Julian Widdows, NaturalMotion
- John Robinson, Nexon
- Ulas Bilgenoglu, RadMule Labs
By the time we're done the above gang will be joined by another 90+ faces to end up with a genuine cross-section of the industry. An approach that is in fact also reflected in the attendance of all of our PGCs because it's very much at the core of our conferences.
There's still a little while to go and regular detail as we get closer to the conference is a given but, for those impatient types, here's a quick rundown of what we're aiming for:
- Some 100 of the finest mobile games sector speakers
- Over 80 sessions spanning 30 hours' worth of content
- 1,000 delegates from a truly cross-section of the industry - from indies through to triple-A publishers, to investors, tools providers, analysts, media and more
- Monetise, Retain, Acquire content that delivers the key trends in the UA, retention, and monetisation landscape
- Indie developers gain essential insight from international experts in a dedicated conference track
- Grab the competitive edge on one of the superhot, rapidly growing sectors of the industry with eSports Academy
- Publishers get the inside track on the hottest markets & the wisest advice courtesy of Global Publishing
- Development practical tips – from creating great ideas to running live ops – in our Mobile Games University
- Discover the latest, leading trends at the heart of the mobile games university in InduTrends
- Get to know the different sources & and approaches to raising funds in Show Me The Money
- Our Superstar Sessions are known for getting the brightest minds to discuss the topics set to dominate the state of play
- Get career-changing exposure in the hugely popular Very Big Indie Pitch competition
- See the latest games or display your own in the Indie Showcase
- Meet publishers and investors to help take your game to the next level
- Stacks of useful contacts thanks to thousands of meetings via our match-making system and celebrated after-hours networking events
- Plus a couple of key announcements we'll be disclosing soon
So, yes. If life after GDC is proving tough, consider this the perfect way to go retrieve the heart you left in California.