Game Closure is on the hunt for Game Engineers to help us build the social games that guide the development of our mobile game engine. We are a 80 strong and growing team with offices in Mountain View, California; Eugene, Oregon, and Tokyo, Japan. If you want to join us to make great games on our cutting edge technology and truly make an impact, then we want to talk to you!
- Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying major game features
- Own game feature areas from end-to-end
- Be the champion for the user! Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our users
- Be part of a tight game development team looking to iterate fast on a fun concept and then building it out
- Have real input on end-user product
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team
- Collaborate with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements
- Hands on architect and coder for sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming
- Innovate and iterate on process, systems and technology to deliver world-class social games
- Be a leader; Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross functional teams.
- Proven effectiveness in directing or delivering production software for high quality games with at least one shipped game product of which you were a primary contributor (self published titles are acceptable).
- We expect you to be good at using script debuggers like Chrome Debugger.
- You must be pretty knowledgeable with what jQuery can do, and what functionality you are better off custom coding.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in a popular object oriented language.
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics, and A/B testing in mobile games
- Familiarity with git, svn or other VCS.
- Self starter, analytical and creative
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, product managers and other developers.
- Check out Everwing on Facebook Instant Games in Messenger. Can you build this game?
- Canvas animation work
- 2+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles
- Both Android and iOS game development experience
- Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (for example: UI, Physics, graphics, multiplayer, game logic, etc.)
Apply Now here