Company: Game Insight North America
Founded in 2010, Game Insight is a leading international mobile and social games company with over 250 Million+ worldwide users and over 30 game titles (many of which have reached #1 on the app store charts). The
company is headquartered in Moscow, Russia with an office in San Francisco.
We are looking for a new Community Manager to help develop our US community strategy and drive user engagement, retention, and revenue via our social media groups, forums, community contests, and other channels. This person will report to the Head of Marketing in N. America and will be responsible for owning English/US communities for several of our existing and/or upcoming games_. He/she will also work closely with the Head of Community and all other community team members in our Moscow HQ.
- Goal-Driven Growth: Owning and hitting aggressive KPI goals, including increasing our community member base (ex: Twitter followers, Facebook subscribers, etc.) by X%, increasing user engagement in our communities, etc.
- Managing all accounts and aspects of our US communities for several key game titles (both new and existing)
- Product Launches: working with Head of N. America Marketing & Head of Community – Moscow to create launch plans for new titles
- Corporate Accounts: Managing our Corporate Twitter and Google+ accounts
- Collecting & Providing User Feedback to Game Studios: Launching focus groups, managing forums, and managing moderators in order to provide reports to game studio leads / product managers on user feedback
- Measurement and Reporting: Implementing new methods to measure the impact of community initiatives; report on key metrics and impact on an ongoing basis
- 2-5 years in social media, community, marketing, or equivalent experience
- Excellent Writing Skills: Must be able to write engagingly and with impeccable grammar
- Analytical & Goal-Driven: Must use an analytical, data and goal-driven approach in order to effectively set strategies that lead to an overall objective and measure the subsequent impact of community activities
- Self-Starter: Must thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment (and be the type of person who can create processes and structure out of ambiguity), and work well independently to reach defined objectives
- Communication & Teamwork: Must be able to communicate frequently and effectively with all internal stakeholders both in the US and internationally
- Innovation: Able to think creatively and strategically, frequently comes up with new ideas or improvements and is effective at pushing through changes within a matrix organization
- B.A./B.S. degree from competitive university
- Bonus: Proficiency in Russian is a plus but not required
Compensation: Depends on Experience. This position is full time with benefits.