YOUR IMPACT AS DIRECTOR, GROWTH
You (yes, you!) are a user acquisition and performance marketing guru who has led previous teams in campaign management or campaign analytics. You’ve managed multi-million dollar marketing spend budgets, preferably within the mobile or MMO game space and have been instrumental in developing your people. As a data-driven person, you’ll know how to interpret important metrics and KPIs, with an understanding of how to define and measure success for marketing and user acquisition initiatives. You’ll also be a source of industry knowledge, knowing where this field is going and connecting with potential partners to explore new relationships and opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN YOUR DAY-TO-DAY:
- Providing people leadership to our Growth teams
- Overseeing and optimizing the allocation of advertising spend across our mobile game titles
- Creating user acquisition strategies to increase daily active users, retention strategies for existing players, and re-engagement strategies for churned players.
- Identifying KPIs and setting goals based on team SLAs.
- Acting as the marketing team conduit, communicating the team’s goals, needs, and KPI reports to internal stakeholders.
- Conducting weekly one-on-ones with team members, establish and regularly monitor quarterly performance goals, and mentor them in their career development.
- Overseeing all financial aspects of the team, including budget management and high-level campaign investment decisions. Ensure allocated budget is in line with and meeting project goals.
- Managing in-game ad revenue optimisation and relationship with ad network partners.
- Overseeing new project and campaign launches ensuring they are adequately supported from a creative, campaign management, and ad monetization perspective.
- Collaborating with games teams to provide insight into game performance and providing recommendations on improving metrics relevant to user acquisition campaigns.
- Guiding leads to continually improve on, automate, and optimize team workflows to ensure projects are sufficiently supported.
- Maintaining a strong pulse on industry trends and connecting with key industry contacts to build the ESG brand.
- Actively pursuing new ad partners and agencies, negotiate agreements, and establish working relationships.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, marketing, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of experience leading marketing and/or user acquisition teams within the mobile app industry. Experience within the mobile games industry is preferred.
- Strong ability and a track record of successfully connecting campaign & budget performance goals to the overarching needs of the business.
- Proven hands-on experience managing user acquisition campaign budgets of over $1 million/month while hitting ROAS targets.
- Experience with ad monetization and strong working relationships with various ad networks on both the monetization and user acquisition side.
- Deep experience exploring, interpreting, and utilizing data to present business cases and strategies that increase business growth and community.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate across disciplines and seniority levels
- A passion for free-to-play mobile and/or social games!
- A gamer, particularly mobile games, but we still love you if you’ve imagined your own board game, play console games, or enjoy other online experiences.
- Hungry, humble, and smart, and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please APPLY HERE!