- Collaborate with the Creative Director to define a strong artistic vision that will enhance the creative direction, story, and design of the game;
- Work along with studio directors, managers and producers to ensure the highest visual and artistic quality possible;
- Create art for the game itself, from concept to release;
- Support, inspire and coach artists and colleagues, giving thoughtful direction and feedback;
- Help recruitment and onboarding of artists to the game teams;
- Support focus testing, and other consumer research groups with assets to help understand audience reactions to our products;
- Ensure that visual quality and tonality is understood by external partners (web teams, marketing departments, and outsourcing).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in 2D and 3D Art, or in a related field;
- 7+ years of experience as a Concept, 3D or Graphic Artist;
- Experience as a Lead and/or Art.Director on a mobile project;
- Experience on crossmedia projects (Movie, Graphic Design, Animation, etc.), an asset;
- Strong fundamental knowledge of art, visual communication and design principles;
- Excellent hands-on artistic skills: from pre-visualization and concept art, to color correction and polish;
- Strong creative mind for ideation, innovation and world building
- Familiarity with tablet games and related creative crafts such as animation, audio, game design;
- Versatility and comfort working in a broad range of styles and genres;
- Bilingualism French-English, oral and written.
- Positive leader with an ability to present ideas clearly and inspire a team;
- Good sense of responsibilities, constraints, and schedules;
- Ability to clearly express own artistic direction;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to think synthetically and analytically.
MOTIVATION & INTERESTS
Passion to make new thoughtful work and an ambition for the videogames medium are essential.
Enthusiasm for the mobile/tablet medium is also a must!