Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for a Senior Narrative Designer to join our Puzzle Studio.
Senior Narrative Designer defines the in-game narrative and leads its development in pursuit of providing our players with exciting experiences in rich, believable, and memorable virtual worlds. In collaboration with a passionate team of professionals, the person crafts, arranges and conveys cohesive interactive storytelling in appealing and accessible ways.
- Work hands-on on a game story in the Puzzle studio
- Review, give feedback and contribute creatively to the game’s overall design
- Participate in defining themes and tones that support the game’s creative vision
- Collaborate with the game team to brainstorm creative ways of exploring and presenting powerful story and narrative through a game’s core mechanics
- Help to establish the tone of the game’s world and propose creative ways of effectively exposing this world to the players
- Review and provide feedback documents on all creative elements
- Find and steer external writers
- Identify problems with the narrative and work on creative solutions together with development teams
- Lead the narrative strategy and ensure its constant communication to the development teams
- Collaborate with different teams (level designers, game designers, artists, animators, audio designers, etc.) to ensure the correct integration of all narrative elements
- Coach other experts on topics of narrative design, providing insight and narrative expertise to sister discipline leads, such as production, art, game design and audio
- Identify, develop and communicate best practices for everything related to storytelling in games
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Extensive knowledge of interactive storytelling, plot, and narrative structure in F2P mobile games and digital media in general
- Proven ability to build believable and immersive game worlds
- Released successful F2P game(s) as a lead writer, narrative design lead or narrative director
- Ability to craft sharp, clear dialogue for diverse target audiences
- Strong ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual means
- Ability to switch between different writing styles and tones
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the design team
- Keen interest in sharing learnings across Rovio
We'd love if you have some of these:
- Experience in steering externals
- Experience in leading a creative team
- Strong knowledge and experience with system/game design
- Experience using Unity and other tools for prototyping the game experience
Don't keep us waiting! Send us your application today.