News

Amazon's Mike Hines on how the top 50 games are driven by superfans

Amazon's Mike Hines on how the top 50 games are driven by superfans

As part of Pocket Gamer Connects Bangalore 2015, Mike Hines, a developer evangelist for Amazon, gave a talk on what the big games do with their audience to stay profitable.

He talked about how Amazon performed a cohort analysis, comparing the top fifty apps with fifty other apps not performing as well.

Keep the high rollers happy

The analysis found that while 80% of users stop playing after two weeks, the remaining 20% account for 56% of the app's overall revenue.

"These are your superfans," says Hines.

"Treat these guys like VIPs. The top fifty do, and they profit well as a result."

You can see all our videos from Pocket Gamer Connects Bangalore 2015 in this YouTube Playlist.


Former Editor

Ric was formerly the Editor of Pocket Gamer and the Deputy Editor of PocketGamer.biz. He still pops up time to time to review games.

Comments

No comments
View options
  • Order by latest to oldest
  • Order by oldest to latest
  • Show all replies