There’s just one week left to enter your game into the Global VR Challenge.
Developers have until midnight UK time on Monday, 20 June to submit their VR concepts and games.
Still unsure whether you qualify? Well it’s quite simple:
- This competition is open to all independent developers.
- Submitted games must be either a new concept or original idea that is currently unreleased, or a VR title released in last 6 months which hasn’t been published in the Chinese market.
- Entries must be suitable for either mobile or PC-based VR.
- Those shortlisted for the final stage in China will be required to submit their game for judging on relevant DeePoon hardware (hardware and support will be provided by DeePoon).
- Entries will need to have at least one member of their team with a valid passport and able to travel to China on July 25-30.
A complete set of rules can be found at the following link.
In order to enter, developers must submit a description of their game/concept, along with any assets available, via the Global VR Gaming Challenge website.
Of course, to make sure that nobody is at a disadvantage, anyone who has already submitted, will be able to update their entry by resubmitting at any point up until this new deadline.
That’s not all though, as with this new deadline we can also announce that this will then be followed by the first stage of judging on Thursday 23rd June, with the shortlist being announced the following day.
All in all, with some of the hottest VR concepts already submitted, alongside $35,000 in cash alongside a trip to China and VR hardware on offer, the Global VR Challenge is certainly looking set to be one of the most exciting events in this year’s VR calendar.
And don't forget to sign up for our free VR Mixer drinks at BFI in London on 23 June.