The finalists for the Global VR Challenge have been chosen following a second round of intense judging.
A panel of experts have narrowed down the shortlist of 22 games to select the final ten.
Road to Shanghai
Each team will now jump on a plane to ChinaJoy in Shanghai where they stand the chance of winning cash for their game from the $35,000 prize pool.
The finalists are:
- S.P.Y. Robot by CEO's Pet Software
- Space Box: The Journey out of the Box by Tom Graczy
- SwingStar by ComputerLunch
- Wrath of Loki-Vr Adventure by The House of Fables
- Kittypocalyse by Bolverk VR Games
- Reflections by Broken Window Studios
- The Town Of Light by LKA
- The Body VR by The Body VR LLC
- QUBE 2 by Toxic Games
- Lightblade VR by Andreas Hager Gaming
The Global VR Challenge was created by Steel Media, publisher of Pocket Gamer, in association with China’s leading VR company, DeePoon.
The goal is to identify the best new VR games development talent and concepts from the UK, Europe and the rest of the world, and help bring them to the world’s biggest VR market, China.
The winners of the Global VR Challenge will be announced during a special ceremony on the show floor at ChinaJoy this week.