Nintendo held its latest Indie World Showcase premiering 16 new game announcements and updates on titles due to release next year.
Premiered on December 10th, it teed off with a reveal of Sidebar Games’ sequel to Golf Story with the now all-encompassing Sports Story.
The game is set to launch exclusively on Nintendo Switch in mid-2020.
Following this, side-scrolling beat ‘em up Streets of Rage 4 was given an update, confirming the release of sometime in the first half of 2020.
Axiom Verge 2
Later in the direct, genre-blending adventure SuperMash from Digital Continue grabbed the limelight. Players choose two genres and watch the game create a completely unique game each time. SuperMash will arrive on the console in May 2020.
Other standouts throughout the showcase included free-to-play monster slashing title Dauntless, which will launch with cross-platform support and Axiom Verge 2, a sequel to the popular 2015 Metroidvania.
Here is the full list of games shown off during the showcase:
- Axiom Verge 2, Tom Happ
- Bake’n Switch, Streamline Games
- Boyfriend Dungeon, Kitfox Games
- Dauntless, Phoenix Labs
- Dreamscaper, Afterburner Studios
- Gleamlight, DICO
- Liberated, Atomic Wolf
- Murder by Numbers, Mediatonic
- Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD, Oddworld Inhabitants
- Sail Forth, David Evans
- SkateBird, Glass Bottom Games
- Sports Story, Sidebar Games
- Streets of Rage 4, Lizardcube, Dotemu and Guard Crush Games
- The Survivalists, Team17
- SuperMash, Digital Continue
- The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition, Croteam
Nintendo’s stock price recently rose to a 19-month high following the Switch’s launch in China.