US F2P outfit Kiwi has brought in new talent to help the firm create exciting, triple-A experiences for mobile devices.
The new faces are:
- Eric Todd, who becomes Kiwk's creative director, has 15 years experience with the likes of Maxis, EA and Playdom/Disney, were he previously worked with Kiwi's co-founders.
- Jason Woodward becomes executive producer. He spent almost 20 years at EA working on the likes of Godfather, The Simpsons and Dead Space.
- Wes Culver becomes director of product. He previously worked at EA, Zynga and DNA Games.
- Pratik Patel, previously at EA, becomes Kiwi's lead gameplay engineer.
- Finally, Shawn Peter joins from GREE, where he was studio director, working on the likes of Knights & Dragons and NFL Shuffle. He becomes Kiwi's art director.
The new hires follow Kiwi closing a $15 million Series B round.
Force for change
Kiwi CEO, Omar Siddiqui, believes that his new recruits will have a positive impact from day one.
“Eric, Jason, Wes, Pratik and Shawn have been a driving force behind some of the most successful triple-A games in PC, console and mobile," said Siddiqui.
“They will have an enormously positive impact on Kiwi’s business and the future of what it means to be triple-A on mobile platforms as we combine the best of free-to-play systems design with the polish and quality of console level game development.”