As an embedded development QA Engineer for Space Ape you’ll be the first line of defence between our fast paced product iterations and our millions of users. You’ll be a key part of the delivery team, working closely with developers, artists, game leads and QA engineers both internally and externally to produce products we’re deeply proud of and make sure our players have the best experience possible.
We’re looking for the perfect candidate to lead our testing efforts taking responsibility for the quality of our titles, working with the QA Manager, QA engineers and dev team in implementing and executing solid test strategies.
- First and foremost: Ensure our games are of the highest quality.
- Working with the QA team to delegate tasks, assess risks and escalate issues to the Game Lead and QA Manager.
- Working with the product team to strategise QA sprints and deliver high quality builds on time.
- Respond to the needs of the development team.
- Simultaneously manage structured tasks with impromptu requests.
- Review existing QA processes, suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contributing to Space Ape’s future.
- 3+ years of manual mobile games QA experience.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC in short sprint cycles.
- Detail oriented problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of bug reporting workflow, and bug management.
- Experience creating bulletproof test plans, and clearly reporting results.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment in an embedded team, whilst maintaining flexibility.
- Self-motivation: An individual who is confident in taking initiative.
- A passion for gaming.
Ideally, you’d have:
- Experience working with community support; addressing the needs of our players.
- Experience working with titles in early development.
- QA experience in, and knowledge of mobile and/or real time multiplayer games.
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant qualifications.
- Experience working in Unity.
- Indie game experience or other personal gaming related projects.
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for driven, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games: Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane: Road to Revenge. To date our games have been installed by over 60 million people across over 150 countries.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.