GlobalStep is currently looking to further bolster our ever-growing Functional QA Team in the UK with experienced Senior QA Leads.
We are looking for reliable and motivated individuals (UK or EEC nationals only), who wish to become an integral part of a global QA and technical services team. You will fill a key role of a global organisation, responsible for delivering service excellence to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate different QA functional teams, delivering high standard quality results to GlobalStep’s client portfolio.
- Understand client requirements, defining and delivering complete test briefs for the QA functional team prior to coverage start date.
- Provide clarity and guidance on the testing strategy and desired outcome to all the resources under your supervision.
- Assure high-quality bugs are yielded from scripted and non-scripted testing by monitoring different bug-tracking databases in accordance with each project's needs.
- Ensure that the submitted bugs meet the client and company standards of quality.
- Develop and update comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases.
- Verify that checklists are understood and diligently followed by the team as instructed.
- Participate in the training, motivation, and evolution of each tester
- Evaluate tester performance and behaviour at work and propose solutions and actionable items for improvement.
- Be the main point of contact with clients and maintain a high level of professionalism in communication through various platforms (Skype, e-mail, phone, or any client-preferred messaging apps)
- Proactively monitor and identify process flaws or knowledge gaps and define actionable solutions for mitigation.
Essential technical skills
- Knowledge and ease working with QA tools such as bug-tracking databases (i.e. JIRA), test case management software (i.e. TestRail), checklists on MS Excel
- Technical knowledge of games consoles and terminology
- Technical knowledge of Windows PCs and Mac devices
- Technical knowledge about mobile devices, understanding their terminology
- Experience in technical network testing using various diagnostic tools
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- 3+ years of QA experience on at least 5 titles
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of Agile workflow and how QA fits in this methodology
- QA experience at all stages of the development cycle
- Experience leading QA teams and projects
- Excellent communication skills using spoken and written English