- Participate in the development and evolution of creative projects.
- Collaborate with the Lead Designer / Creative Director on the theme, mechanics, story and overall fun-factor of the game.
- Implement, balance and polish gameplay mechanics, and enhance their development with other teams throughout production.
- Write and maintain design documentation, and also iterate on existing systems to make them shine.
- Work iteratively with the Level Designer to ensure all game mechanics are being showcased and that all game elements are implemented as intended.
- Work and cooperate with all other services in game development (audio, art, animation, code, marketing etc) to ensure every game element supports the design and smooth implementation of that design.
- A champion and key owner of many game systems. A real ?go to? member of the team.
- Both technically proficient and passionately creative.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 to 7 years in the video game industry in a design role.
- Formal education in Game Design or related experience.
- Minimum of 1 published title, preferably mobile / tablet.
- Ability to take ownership of game systems and their design from concept through to delivery.
- Able to understand the new paradigm of engagement, retention and monetization, as well as classic games design.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the principles of game design.
- Working knowledge of Unity a requirement.
- Scripting experience also a bonus.
- Passion, motivation, drive and enthusiasm are essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple other disciplines.
- At ease in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to learn and share knowledge.
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Robust knowledge of video games and its changing landscape.
- Analytical mind, able to deconstruct any design related problem.
- Willingness to want change the world by creating unforgettable game experiences.