As our Lead Game Designer (f/m/x) you are responsible for planning, designing, documenting of feature development and balancing of live and upcoming game titles. You would be leading a team of designers to manage the active portfolio of live and in development products. You would work directly with management to identify development direction and present your growth goals for the company’s products. Excellent technical skills are required to work hands on with RTS style economic/gameplay balancing and a custom game engine.
- Understand consumer behavior and monetization USPs to devise features that uplift most crucial KPIs
- Allocate team duties and responsibilities to own topics’ evolution and progress from various disciplines
- Work with analytics team to identify feature development opportunities
- Mentor other designers in methodologies, tools, and skillset to contribute towards a lean and autonomous development team
- Work closely with game balancing to optimize gameplay economy and premium pricing
- Assist in creating design tools for content management and game balancing
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead designer or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of economic game balancing and multiplayer RTS design
- Excellent understanding of f2p monetization methodologies and strong analytics driven mindset
- Excellent excel/sheets macro knowledge to build design tools and simulate gameplay topics
- Strong leadership skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment
- You take responsibility in a fast-growing company
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg
- Flexible remote work solutions
- Family-friendly working hours with a great work-life Balance
- Personal development support with internal and external training
- Regular team and company events and creative breaks
- Individual language courses German and English
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Apply for this position
Game development is our passion!
Connect and challenge players. Anytime. Anywhere.
At Bytro we strive to develop high-quality strategy games and make them accessible for all players around the world. In our eyes game development is a promise for fun and entertainment – that’s what we live and aim for!
Our staff is multicultural and international. We have flat hierarchies, open communication culture, and support the autonomous work of our agile working teams. We believe in efficient work where each of our employees contributes to the success of our games.