One of the biggest challenges for indie devs is to land top reviews, interviews and features for their games.
Most don't have the strong media relationships that good game publicists have that enable them to secure coverage.
So it's Steel Media to the rescue with the Big Indie Pitch, a special event that gathers the world's leading mobile game journalists to meet one-on-one with fledgling studios who have an iOS or Android game live in the app stores.
The Bay to be
Following its success at Apps World Europe 2013 in London, this time the Big Indie Pitch makes its debut at Apps World SF on the Gaming World stage on Thursday 6 February between 2-4:30pm.
Pocket Gamer's Martine Paris will chairs a day of programming that features keynotes from Initial Capital's co-founder Kristian Segerstrale and Glu's CEO Niccolo De Masi, as well as panels with Ubisoft, PBS, Perfect World, and others.
At 2pm, the session opens with panel of judges who will discuss what to include in pitches to the press as well as the app stores. Featured speakers include:
- Jeff Scott, Editor In Chief, 148Apps (@jeff148apps)
- Andre F. Bourque, Managing Editor, Technorati (@SocialMktgFella)
- Steve Peterson, West Coast Editor, GamesIndustry.biz,[a]listdaily (@20thLevel)
- Paul Acevedo, Games Editor, Android Central, iMore, WPCentral (@PaulRAcevedo)
- Zoya Street, Deputy Editor, GamesBrief (@rupazero)
- Michael Ehrenberg, Former App Store Marketing Manager, Apple (LinkedIn)
- Fernando Pizarro, GM Americas, PapayaMobile (@fapi1974)
- Martine Paris, US Editor, Pocket Gamer (@contentnow)
Following the panel, developers will check-in at the AppFlood table to receive their pitch number. While waiting their turn, they'll have a chance to schmooze with other devs, pick up some cool swag, and show off their game to Pocket Gamer's roving photographer, Jon Malloy.
Then the pitching begins!
How does it work? Well, we place each mobile game journalist at a pitch station, then devs go station to station speed dating style, pitching in 3 minute segments.
At 4pm the judges convene to vote, and at 4:15pm the winner will be invited onstage to present the winning game and receive an exciting prize package that includes a Nexus 7 from AppFlood and a two week banner advert on Pocket Gamer.
Spectators are welcome too!
RSVP at http://bigindiepitchappsworldsf.eventbrite.com to receive a free conference badge to enjoy all the Gaming World sessions.
GLHF and may the best game win!
You can see what the London event was like in the following video.