Back by popular demand, the Big Indie Pitch returns to GDC after globetrotting at Gamescom, PG Connects and Apps World London & San Francisco to name but a few.
As has become the standard, some of mobile's finest games journalists - and a few old hands from Pocket Gamer - will be on hand to witness fast-paced pitches from developers, offering feedback and, ultimately, picking a winner.
This time over a dozen journalists are participating, including:
- Andre F. Bourque, managing editor, Technorati
- Andrew Podolsky, CEO, SlideToPlay
- Byron Gordon, games reviewer, Technorati
- Carter Dotson, editor, Android Rundown
- Chelsea Stark, games reporter, Mashable
- Chris James, managing director, Steel Media
- Eli Hodapp, editor-in-chief, TouchArcade
- Gabe Carey, editor-in-chief, B-TEN
- Jean-Baptiste Su, technology writer, FORBES-BayLIVE
- Jeff Scott, editor-in-chief, 148Apps
- Jon Jordan, editor-at-large, PocketGamer.biz
- Keith Andrew, editor, PocketGamer.biz
- Martine Paris, US events editor, Pocket Gamer
- Matt Diener, US editor, Pocket Gamer/PocketGamer.biz
- Miguel Concepcion, freelancer, Machinima, OXM, GamesRadar, GameSpot, Complex
- Paul Acevedo, games editor, Mobile Nations
- Rob Hearn, managing editor, Steel Media
- Rob LeFebvre, games editor, Cult of Mac
- Rob Rich, editor, 148Apps
- Steve Peterson, west coast editor, GamesIndustry.biz, [a]listdaily
Following the usual routine, developers signed up will have a
chance to pitch their game 'speed dating' style to a succession of judges for coverage and the ultimate honour of best indie game.
Space is limited to the first 30 devs who met the criteria specified in the invite. For those devs who do not participate in the competition, there will be a walk-up media bar where journalists will meet with devs as well.
For best practices on how to pitch, check out our top tips for getting press for your games.
And the rest
For those not pitching, spectators are welcome to schmooze over crafty cocktails and savory bites by the GrilledCheezGuy.
This is event is open to all mobile gaming professionals. Bring your business card for entry and RSVP over at Eventbrite.
Indeed, Pocket Gamer will be at GDC in force. Come to say hello to us at the Pocket Gamer GDC Party with FunPlus & Chukong Technologies on Monday, 17 March - you can RSVP here.