The hottest mobile gaming conference series in the world is returning to one of the industry’s coldest capitals on September 7-8, as Pocket Gamer Connects hits the gentle streets of Helsinki for more top quality events fun.
And while the weather may well get a bit chilly, we’re guaranteeing that our five main tracks will prove to be super hot stuff for anyone from the mobile gaming industry.
Here’s a quick lowdown of what to expect from each track and the name of a superstar speaker to whet your appetite.
1. Say hello to the Finnovators
Learn from the brightest minds in the hottest mobile gaming scene in the world in this finn-tastic track. Featuring top speakers from innovative Finnish mobile gaming startups, as well as established names, this track will help you plug into the mind set of the greatest developers in mobile.
- Speaker: Aki Järvilehto, CEO of Everywear Games, will be talking to us about how wearable games are about to blow the mobile games industry apart.
2. Meet the world in East Meets West
The essential guide to markets across the world returns to Helsinki for another round. Featuring the most important global trends, a deep dive into the Nordics as a whole, talks about the biggest Asian markets and extra content about other important markets, East Meets West is the meeting point for the global mobile business.
- Speaker: Shintaro Kanaoya, CEO of Chorus Worldwide, will be opening up the secrets to successful publishing in China by drawing on some exclusive case studies.
3. Level up your ideas with Indie Inspiration
Featuring talks from the finest indie developers in the world, we’ll help you to raise your development game whatever the background. From post mortems of popular games to thought provoking panels, this is the perfect track for indie developers looking for super smart ideas to level up their games.
- Speaker: Lasse Hirvonen, developer of Knights of Pen & Paper 2, will talk about the challenges of adapting table top game mechanics for mobile.
4. Acquire, Engage, and Monetise your way to mobile success
In this track, we take a look at the most important trends in user acquisition, retention and monetisation to help boost your game to success. Whether you’re looking to buy TV advertising or to eke extra performance out of every dollar spent, this is the perfect track for you.
- Speaker: Eric Seufert, Head of User Acquisition at Rovio and editor of Mobile Dev Memo, will be providing the opening keynote to help set the scene.
5. Unlock the Bonus Level
Featuring a collection of talks focused on everything from team building to development tips through to future tech, the Bonus Level will be offering wild card talks to help you find your cutting edge.
- Speaker: Allison Bilas, VP of Product at GameAnalytics, will be looking at the success of Crossy Road and 50 similar games to help answer the all important question of what makes a game successful.
Convinced by these five fantastic reasons to come to PGC Helsinki in September?
Then why not head right here and get your specially discounted Mid Term tickets now to join the fun!