George Osborn led a group of publishers in a panel at Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015 looking at the problems of publishing in the mobile gaming industry.
Joining him were
- Nick Malaperiman, President of Publishing at Roadhouse Interactive;
- Tung Nguyen-Khac, CEO of Spil Games;
- Sebastian Kriese, Head of Partnerships at Wooga;
- Bhaskar Roy, Chief Product Officer of PlayPhone; and
- Shanti Bergel, Senior VP of Business & Corporate Development at GREE.
Timing and economics
"There's always a good time to go to a publisher," said Nguyen-Khac, who also said that it's the publisher's job to help the developer along the process, no matter where that may start.
Bergel, however, offered some cautious advice by saying developers shouldn't sign with a publisher before first asking themselves "Is this partner capable of delivering the economics that are on the table and being negotiated?"
You can see all our videos from Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015 in this YouTube Playlist.