As part of Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015, George Osborn led a panel of developers and business experts in a discussion about engagement in mobile games.
He was joined by
- Cass Phillips, Creative Manager, Pocket Gems;
- Jill Wilson, SVP of Game Development, SGN;
- Jiri Kupiainen, Founder & CEO, Shark Punch;
- Chris Castagnetto, Senior Community Manager, Kick9;
- Tim O'Neil, Global Head of Mobile Gaming, TUNE; and
- Ian Atkinson, VP of Business Development at AdColony.
Wilson pointed out that "you never want to let someone finish the game", and that developers have to continually add content to prevent players from having nothing to do and leaving the game.
Phillips spoke more about actual engagement with fans, saying "we use phone calls, we use Skype, we use Instagram" and various other social media channels to keep in regular contact with fans, so even when new content isn't being made available, the users know that the developer is still active.
You can see all our videos from Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015 in this YouTube Playlist.