As Apple has previously tweaked, so Google has now reduced the lowest price of IAP and paid apps/games in some countries for its Play Store.
Posting on the Android Developers blog, it states;
"Every market has its own unique challenges and opportunities. Purchasing behavior, in particular, varies significantly between markets.
"So to provide developers with more flexibility, we've worked to adapt Google Play pricing options to better suit local consumers and make content more accessible."
Google previously piloted a lower price point in India; something it's now rolled out to another 17 countries.
You can see the countries involved and the new local prices below.
- Brazil: R$ 0.99 (was R$2.00)
- Chile: CLP $200.00 (was CLP $500.00)
- Colombia: COP$ 800.00 (was COP$ 2000.00)
- Hungary: Ft 125.00 (was Ft 225.00)
- Indonesia: Rp 3,000.00 (was Rp 12,000.00)
- Malaysia: RM 1.00 (was RM 3.50)
- Mexico: MXN$ 5.00 (was MXN$ 9.90)
- Peru: S/. 0.99 (was S/. 3.00)
- Philippines: ₱15.00 (was ₱43.00)
- Poland: zł1.79 (was zł2.99)
- Russia: руб 15.00 (was руб 30.00)
- Saudi Arabia:﷼ 0.99 (was 4.00﷼)
- South Africa: R3.99 (was R10.00)
- Thailand: ฿10.00 (was ฿32.00)
- Turkey: ₺0.59 (was ₺2.00)
- Ukraine: ₴5.00 (was ₴8.00)
- Vietnam: ₫6,000 (was ₫21,000.00)