Building on ongoing discovery improvements on Google Play - such as the Indie Showcase - Google has announced the Google Play Awards.
Part of its annual Google I/O conference in San Francisco on 18-20 May - and highlighted in a dedicated collection on Google Play - it spans five nominees across 10 award categories, including Best Game.
Nominated in the category are:
- Alphabear (Spry Fox) - also nominated as Standout Indie,
- Clash of Kings (Elex),
- Clash Royale (Supercell),
- MARVEL Future Fight (Netmarble), and
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (EA Mobile)
The other 9 categories are:
- Standout Stantup
- Standout Indie
- Best Families App
- Best Use of Material Design
- Best Use of Google Play Services
- Early Adopter
- Go Global
- Most Innovative
- Best App
The winners will be announced on stage on 19 May at 7pm PDT, also via the conference live stream.