As part of Pocket Gamer Connects London 2016, Ella Romanos, Commercial Director at Strike Gamelabs, led a panel of publishing experts in a discussion on publishing and funding.
Joining her was:
- Jeffrey Hilbert, Founder, Digital Development Management
- Phil Elliott, Project Lead for Creative, Head of Community, Square Enix Europe
- Simon Byron, Publishing Director, Curve Digital
- Travis Winstanley, Co-Founder, Kuju Startups and
- Jeff Matsushita, Production Executive, WG Cells
On the topic of what a publisher actually does, Byron suggested that they cover "all the boring stuff" that the developer doesn't want to think about, such as porting the game, marketing it, and so on.
But Matsushita said that "there's really no need to come to us" if you already have funding for your project, unless you are simply looking to network, as he believes that there isn't much else a publisher can do for you.
You can see all our videos from Pocket Gamer Connects London 2016 in this YouTube Playlist.