Planning to sneak through the door at our next PGC on June 28th-29th?
Friend, there's no need. There are ways to get in without paying that won't end up with you taking a swim in Vancouver Harbour.
If you're an indie with a game currrently in development (or recently finished), then entering our Very Big Indie Pitch is a way to ensure you get two free passes for the conference - assuming your game gets picked to be be pitched at the event. (And if not, you still qualify for a discounted ticket.)
Don't have a game ready to show but you're a developer looking for work? You read our mind. New for PGC Vancouver is a 'Careers Zone', an area for recruiters and job seekers within the 'expo' area that will showcase companies that are hiring across all disciplines.
Successfully signing up to this grants (limited) access to the conference for any mobile game developer currently planning their next career move. Full details, and registration link, here.
If you don't fit the bill for either of the above, may we humbly suggest you consider coming along anyway? We've got a conference agenda packed with some of the industry's finest speakers, meaning 80+ sessions, fringe events galore, and unrivalled networking spread so thickly over two days that anyone involved in mobile gaming should be lining to dive in.
Here's the flow
Whether it's indies and big dev studios, triple-A publishers, investors, and tool providers, or C-level execs, ad networks, monetisation experts, games media, PR reps, and more, Pocket Gamer Connects Vancouver on June 28th-29th will bring a true cross-section of the mobile games together as we roll into Canada this summer.
Need a bullet point refresher?
- East Meets West: Going Global – includes insight into trends in Asia, LatAm, and emerging markets, as well as a focus on eSports and, of course, brands
- Indie Futures – get the lowdown on the strategies, tools, and techniques needed to thrive in today's mobile games market
- Monetize, Retain, Acquire – how to establish a model that will keep your players returning and spending before you have to dish out the UA dollars
- Mobile Games University – carefully curated curriculum very much focused on practical advice on how to succeed as a mobile games developer
- Show Me The Money – how to locate and select the investment avenue that could transform your business
- Future Visions – from pinpointing the real size of the VR opportunity to deciding what other technologies and trends should be on your radar
- Made In Vancouver – Coming to Canada means you make time to celebrate the best in gaming from Vancouver and British Columbia
And those are just the main tracks. There's plenty of fringe material to keep everyone going:
- The Very Big Indie Pitch – massively popular indie developer competition
- 20/20 SpeedMatch – An exclusive session enabling shortlisted developers and publishers to make initial contact during a dedicated 2-hour stint of speed-date style meetings
- I Love Indie Showcase – an exlusive expo area within the conference dedicated to indie developers and their games
- PG Party – come now, no PGC is complete without a little dancing and plenty of schmoozing
- Bespoke meeting system – our dedicated Pitch & Match system for all registered delegates to use in order to connect during the conference
Want to step into the ring of mobile gaming knowledge? For a limited time PG.biz readers can grab a ticket at 15% discount!