What happens when you take a talented industry speaker, get them to talk about a topic of their choice, but restrict them to 20 slides in a little under seven minutes?
You get the madness of the Pocket Gamer PechaKucha Sessions, a brilliantly to-the-point presentation event to finish off the first day of PG Connects Helsinki 2016 (September 5th).
Last time out, Oscar Clark ended up on stage without trousers (it's okay, he had stockings on).
So, yes, it's always excellent fun and awesomely handled by Rovio's Wilhelm Taht who is looking for more volunteers to join his intrepid gang of PechaKuchers.
Confirmed speakers so far:
Wilhelm Taht, Executive Vice President, Games @ Rovio Entertainment
Oscar Clark, Consultant & Evangelist @ Unity Technologies
Maarten Noyons, Founder & CEO @ IMGA
Eric Seufert, Partner, Heracles
Mark Sorrell, Vice President, Product @ Rovio Entertainment
Fancy a go? Tweet to @wilhelm_taht and claim your ticket to 20x20seconds of fame!
If you just want to witness the mayhem, you can. Beers will be included for all PGC Helsinki delegates.
PGC Helsinki at-a-glance
8 splendid tracks:
- East Meets West: Global Mobile Gaming – Exploring the hottest regions, biggest trends, and best opportunities for mobile games publishers today including a focus on eSports and the latest from Asia
- InduTrends – Whether eSports or the power of brands, this new addition to the PGC track roster will discuss the leading trends at the heart of the mobile games industry
- Fantastic Finland – A deserved segment celebrating the best of the Finnish industry
- Monetise, Retain, Acquire – The latest tips, trends, and techniques in UA and monetisation
- Show Me the Money – Exploring the different sources and approaches of raising funds, from angels and publisher partnerships to government funding and VCs
- Mobile Games University – Carefully curated curriculum very much focused on practical advice on how to succeed as a mobile games developer
- Future Visions – A dedicated track looking at VR & AR (not exclusively mobile) and emerging technologies that will affect the industry
- Indie Futures – A full-day track for indie developers and how they can survive and thrive in the modern mobile ecosystem
And all the networking & fringe events & key features you can handle:
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees
- PGC App – Free app to get updates and connect with other delegates on-the-fly
- Very Big Indie Pitch – Indie developers pitch the media and selected experts for prizes and feedback on their upcoming games
- 20/20 SpeedMatch – 20 publishers, 20 developers, 2 hours, 1 room. 20 guaranteed meetings for all selected participants
- Expo Area – Discover games, technologies, services and more
- I Love Indie Showcase – Up-and-coming indies show off their games in the dedicated expo area
- PG Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on, and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event
So do you fancy joining us? Tickets for PGC Helsinki are still available.