The international Global Top Round accelerator program has awarded 10 studios $50,000 each to develop and market their games.
The San Francisco-based firm aims to help small studios from all over the world to create a sustainable business with its program.
Each of the participating studios will receive $40,000 in direct investment to support their game development, as well as an additional $10,000 for marketing purposes.
Developers will also get access to GTR's network of mentors and direct connections to publishers as part of the program.
Teams that complete the program successfully may also be given an additional $50,000, plus a follow-up investment round led by GTR.
The chosen ones
Out of more than 80 applications, the chosen studios (and their games) are as follows:
- Holocafé (Holo Arena - PC, HTC Vive)
- TryAgain (Dungeon Hero - iOS, Android)
- Pixel Perfex (Earth Atlantis - PC, Mobile)
- Thoughtfish (Fightlings - iOS, Android)
- Sunburned Games (The Great Whale Road - PC)
- Mobile Interactive (Lordmancer II - iOS, Android)
- Blue Volcano Studio (Roto Color Runners - PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac)
- Quantumfrog (Voxel Clicker - iOS, Android, Windows)
- Moebiusgames (Xcylin - PC)
- Arc Games (Zombie Sweeper - iOS, Android)
Holocafé was also rewarded with an additional $10,000 investment after behing chosen as the top game from pool of finalists.
"Some of the most challenging things for a developer to obtain are an audience for their game, trusted advisors and a fair valuation of their company," said GTR director Peter Van Dyke.
"With exploratory marketing support, a network of other developers to provide counsel, and startup capital, these 10 studios are off to a great start and will one day help guide future generations of GTR studios."
The 2016 cohort are expected to launch their titles in mid-2017.