Looking to sneak into Pocket Gamer Connects London 2017on January 16th and 17th?
Well shhh, there is a way! If you’re a little strapped for cash but still want to be a part of one of this year’s biggest networking events, then help is at hand.
Are you an indie developer working on mobile, wearables, or handheld games?
Well if so, then entering and being accepted to pitch your new title at our hugely popular Very Big Indie Pitch is a sure fire way to grab yourself two free passes for the conference.
The Very Big Indie Pitch gathers a host of leading mobile game journalists in one room, together with partner sponsors from the publishing and middleware sector, and then allows developers four minutes to pitch to each table in a ‘speed dating’ style.
Once all the developers have pitched, the judges confer and pick five finalists. Those shortlisted will then spend Day Two showcasing their game to PGC delegates who will vote for their favourite.
The finalists will subsequently take turns to present their game to the audience at the end of Day Two before the winners from the vote are announced on stage.
And as well as getting in for free, this VERY Big Indie Pitch will also reward the top developers with a share of a promotional prize package worth $7,000!
Not bad, eh? If it sounds like something you'd like to enter, here here to find out more and submit your game!
Discounts for indies available!
But even if you're not selected, then you’re still eligible for some tickets at a discounted rate, including a buy one get one half price deal!
The event is expected to host more than 1,600 attendees from the mobile games industry from across the globe, so there will be networking opportunities galore! And this year is looking to be the biggest conference yet!
There will also be an Indie Adventures track focusing on indie stories and tips, the Mobile Games University track for practical advice on succeeding as a mobile developer, the Show Me the Money track on raising development funds, and much more!
PGC London 2017 at-a-glance
Need a refresher for what Pocket Gamer Connects London is all about? If so, then simply read on.
Those conference tracks:
- Superstar Sessions – Industry giants on the topics that lie at the heart of the mobile games sector
- Indie Adventures – A full-day track for indie developers and how they can survive and thrive in the modern mobile ecosystem
- Monetise, Retain, Acquire – The latest tips, trends and techniques in UA and monetisation
- Mobile Games University – Carefully curated curriculum very much focused on practical advice on how to succeed as a mobile games developer
- Global Publishing – Exploring the hottest regions, biggest trends and best opportunities for mobile games publishers today including the latest from Asia
- InduTrends – Whether eSports or the power of brands, this new addition to the PGC track roster discusses the leading, most promising trends within mobile gaming
- Show Me the Money – Exploring the different sources and approaches of raising funds, from angels and publisher partnerships to government funding and VCs
- Brilliant Britain – A deserved segment celebrating the best of the UK games development industry
And here is everything else:
- The finest speakers – Confirmed are 6waves, Agnitio Capital, Amazon, Curve, CV Capital, Digital Jam, East Side Games, Eden Games, Execution Labs, Fox Digital, Gamevil, Google Play, Gram Games, Gumi, Hatch, Heracles, icejam, Jam City, King, Lightneer, Lockwood, Magmic, Miniclip, NaturalMotion, nDreams, NetEase, Nexon, Nitrome, Paladin, Rovio, Scientific Revenue, Secret Sauce, Space Ape, Starting Point, The Guardian, Twitch, Twitter, Verve, White Wolf, Wooga, and many, many more
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees
- Very Big Indie Pitch – Indie developers pitch the media and selected experts for prizes and feedback on their upcoming games
- Investor & Publisher SpeedMatches – investors, publishers, developers, 2 hours, 1 room: guaranteed meetings for all selected participants in these two curated sessions
- Expo Area – Discover games, technologies, services and more
- PGC App – Free app to get updates and connect with other delegates on-the-fly
- I Love Indie Showcase – Up-and-coming indies show off their games in the dedicated expo area
- Global Connects Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event
You can register for a ticket to Pocket Gamer Connects London 2017 here.