Amazon UK is on board as the sponsor of the Big Indie Pitch as we bring the popular indie games development event to Brighton and Dundee this year.
It's a great chance for indies to show off their latest games to industry experts and journalists in a series of quick-fire pitches.
And we’re bringing the Big Indie Pitch across the country. We’ll be in Brighton on Tuesday, July 11th, handily coinciding with the Develop:Brighton conference.
Then we’ll be heading much further North in October (exact date TBC) to bring the Big Indie Pitch to Dundee, Scotland!
"Amazon Appstore is excited to be sponsoring Big Indie Pitch Brighton for another year running, and our team look forward to meeting with devs and checking out your games at the event. Find out more about Amazon Appstore here," said an Amazon UK spokesperson.
But what even is the Big Indie Pitch, I hear some of you say.
Well it’s simple – developers get four minutes to pitch their games to the judges, before moving on to the next group and doing it all over again.
It’s a great opportunity to get your game in the hands of major players in the industry, as well as getting immediate feedback from them while you're at it.
And if the judges approve of your game, you could win a range of fabulous prizes, including promotional packages across Pocket Gamer, AppSpy, 148 Apps and more.
Not sure if your game's eligible? Well:
- You can pitch games for mobile, handheld, mobile VR, and even for smartwatches.
- You can pitch your game even if you've pitched it at a previous BIP.
- We prefer to see unreleased games, though we're happy to see games that are out too.
- Your game doesn’t have to be completed, as we welcome games in development.
- One submission only per developer/team.
- Deadline for entries for the Brighton Big Indie Pitch is midnight July 2nd 2017 (entry details below).
- Oh, and it's completely free to enter and/or spectate!
Don't have a game, but want to see what all the fuss is about? You can always grab a free Spectator ticket and just come and watch everything go down.
We’ll be hosting Brighton’s Big Indie Pitch at Volks on 1-3 The Colonnade, Brighton on July 11th.
Don't forget to bring your business cards with you, no matter which side you fall on.
Details of the Dundee Big Indie Pitch will be announced soon.