The Game Music Collective has kicked off this year's Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki conference in style with a special concert for all attendees.
A selection of renditions taken from some of gaming’s most iconic scores were played to visitors in an brand new, somewhat cultural, addition to the show.
Biggest show yet
PGC Helsinki 2017 will take place across September 19th and 20th, alongside sister-conference XR Connects looking at the AR, VR and MR industries, and the debut of our PC Connects taster tracks.
It’s our biggest ever PG Connects in Helsinki with over 100 speakers from the biggest games companies, including Rovio, Next Games, King, Bandai Namco, Seriously, Gram Games, Facebook and many more.
Here’s an overview of what to expect over the next two days – which we’ll of course be covering here on the site:
- 10 tracks featuring 100+ speakers focusing on Influencers, eSports, Monetisation, Practical Development (narrative, UX, audio), HTML5, Industry Trends, Funding, Deal Making, Indie Success, Publishing and more
- 1,200 delegates representing 700+ international companies, so boundless networking is assured
- VR and PC tracks and industry members will also be around for XR Connects and PC Connects, which is running simultaneously alongside PG Connects
- The return of The Very Big Indie Pitch, for indie developers to get their games in front of industry professionals and critics and win fabulous prizes
- Plenty of opportunities to mingle, schmooze and chat with fellow developers
Much like it began, PGC Helsinki 2017 will close with a concert by the Game Music Collective on Wednesday evening.
We look forward to seeing you all over the next two days at the show.
For those not at PGC Helsinki, we'll be reporting on the biggest stories and most insightful sessions. We're also recording each session and will upload videos shortly after the conference to ensure you don't miss out.