The hunt is on. The world's leading B2B mobile games website PocketGamer.biz (yes, that's us!) is hiring for a new staff writer to join the Steel Media family.
PocketGamer.biz reports directly to the industry on all things mobile gaming, delivering the biggest news, features and interviews to get the inside scoop on what makes this multi-billion business tick.
This vacancy is a chance for an up-and-coming journalist to make their mark in the exciting world of games.
This is a full-time role where you’ll work with the PocketGamer.biz Senior Editor to report on the news and conduct interviews as well as other day-to-day tasks.
The role can be performed remotely from home and so a London location is not essential.
Responsibilities and duties
The key parts of this role are:
- Write daily news related to the mobile games industry, which will include writing up press releases, finding original stories and information gathering from other websites
- Write features and conduct interviews covering the mobile games space from a B2B perspective
- Work with the Senior Editor to ensure all sections and regulars on the website are kept up to date
- Assist the Senior editor in the implementation of new initiatives
- Represent the PocketGamer.biz brand at national and international events and conferences, reporting from them and networking with the games community
- Support Steel Media’s own events, including Pocket Gamer Connects series and the Big Indie Pitch. This may include attending, helping source guests and content, or promoting (including the writing of marketing materials)
- May be expected to support our other sites - especially B2B sites TheVirtualReport.biz, PCGamesInsider.biz and InfluencerUpdate.biz - from time to time
Steel Media is a fast-paced, small company where decisions are made quickly. You need to manage multiple communications channels daily, via email, Skype and Google Docs and not be fazed by this.
This is a remote-working role. You will need to be comfortable being out of an office setting (it doesn't suit everyone) and be able to communicate and regularly report to your line-manager via Skype and other online systems.
Qualifications and skills
This is an entry position for a talented aspiring journalist. Think you can write clean news stories, handle the big interviews and help maintain PocketGamer.biz’s position as the leading B2B website? Then this job could be just for you. What we require:
- Demonstrably strong writing skills - Able to write accurate and clean copy to deadlines
- Newshound - Willing to uncover the big stories of the day
- Willing to pitch and conduct interviews with industry professionals
- Able to work in a team and possess a positive mentality
- Valid EU passport, no special visa or travel restrictions
- Willingness to travel and represent the company at shows
- Very stable internet connection
- Able to work home-based – ideally living in UK/Europe, near to a major airport
- A passion for the games and the industry
Think you've got what it takes? You can view the full job listing and fill out a job application here.