News

Ludia’s Jurassic World Alive takes home over $25m in 4 months

Ludia’s Jurassic World Alive takes home over $25m in 4 months

Montreal-based games developer Ludia’s location-based title Jurassic World Alive has racked up more than $25 million in revenue.

According to Sensor Tower, it passed the milestone after four months, having launched back in May.

Jurassic World Alive made $1.2 million per week through player spending for August but peaked back in June, with $2.5 million earned for the week starting the 11th.

Roaring success 

While the game is currently available in 80 countries, Western regions are driving player spending.

US players contributed a vast majority of total revenue with 50 per cent, UK players made up 9 per cent and German players stumped up 8 per cent.

Google Play proved marginally more kind in terms of marketplace and generated 59 per cent of revenue. The iOS App Store, on the other hand, put up 41 per cent.

Jurassic World Alive represents the third time that Universal has teamed up with Ludia, and is a part of the studio's planned expansion into the games industry.

Former Disney mobile games SVP and GM Chris Heatherly joined September 2017 and was tasked with overseeing the creation of games and digital content based on the company’s franchises for mobile, console and PC platforms. 


Staff Writer

Iain is a freelance writer based in Scotland with a penchant for indies and all things Nintendo. Alongside PocketGamer.Biz, he has also appeared in Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun, PCGamesN and VG24/7.

Comments

No comments
View options
  • Order by latest to oldest
  • Order by oldest to latest
  • Show all replies
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Steel Media's privacy policy.

Steel Media websites use two types of cookie: (1) those that enable the site to function and perform as required; and (2) analytical cookies which anonymously track visitors only while using the site. If you are not happy with this use of these cookies please review our Privacy Policy to learn how they can be disabled. By disabling cookies some features of the site will not work.