News

Digital marketing outfit Jellyfish knuckles down on app space with ASO Co purchase

Date Type Companies involved Size
October 4th, 2018 acquisition Jellyfish
The ASO Co
Not disclosed
Digital marketing outfit Jellyfish knuckles down on app space with ASO Co purchase

Digital marketing outfit Jellyfish has acquired app store optimisation agency ASO Co.

The digital marketing company snapped up 75 per cent of ASO Co with an agreement to acquire the remaining 25 per cent in 21 months. The value of the deal was not disclosed.

Among ASO Co’s clientele include Spotify, eBay, Twitter and games developer Goodgame Studios. Jellyfish hopes the purchase will broaden the app services currently on offer to clients to better suit mobile strategy and apple search ads.

As part of the acquisition, around 30 ASO staff will move to Jellyfish's London HQ as the two agencies combine resources.

Reeling it in

"To grow a company into a market leader in just two years is impressive,” said Jellyfish chief executive Rob Pierre (pictured, right).

“As Google and Apple invest further in-app products and analytics, it’s more important than ever for us to be able to offer this capability to clients.

“Our values and vision perfectly aligned to make this the right acquisition at the right time."

ASO Co CEO James Bott (pictured, left) added: "From the very first meeting with the team at Jellyfish, we knew instinctively that this could be an excellent fit for us.

"Our shared experiences as independent, entrepreneurial agencies with a vision for continued growth, gave us an instant connection.

“Jellyfish hold a unique place in the market, and we wouldn’t have partnered with anybody else."


Staff Writer

Iain is a freelance writer based in Scotland with a penchant for indies and all things Nintendo. Alongside PocketGamer.Biz, he has also appeared in Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun, PCGamesN and VG24/7.

Comments

No comments
View options
  • Order by latest to oldest
  • Order by oldest to latest
  • Show all replies
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Steel Media's privacy policy.

Steel Media websites use two types of cookie: (1) those that enable the site to function and perform as required; and (2) analytical cookies which anonymously track visitors only while using the site. If you are not happy with this use of these cookies please review our Privacy Policy to learn how they can be disabled. By disabling cookies some features of the site will not work.