Editor's note: this story about 2020 plans has not aged well, given the global COVID-19 crisis. But we are still connecting with the global games industry through online events. To see which partner events have migrated online, please check out our events listings. We're running Pocket Gamer Connects Digital events throughout the year too - full conferences with 200+ speakers and business meeting tools.
The new year is barely underway and we’ve already hosted our biggest event ever in the form of Pocket Gamer Connects London. This month, we brought together nearly 2,500 games industry professionals from more than 60 countries and helped them connect with over 9,000 meetings arranged through our free online scheduler alone.
And we’re just getting started...
Last year, we connected nearly 14,000 attendees through our events and millions via our online media - and this year is going to be even bigger!
We have so much more lined up for 2020, with over 50 events planned all around the world, from North America to Russia, Germany to China and more. As well as our flagship Connects series of international events touching down in Seattle, Hong Kong, Helsinki and Jordan, our hotly contested Big Indie Pitch competitions are also globetrotting again, with Pocket Gamer parties and mixers rounding out the mix too.
Want to know where you can connect with the global games industry in 2020? Take a look at the list below...
If you want to get ahead of the game and discuss involvement and sponsorship opportunities, email our CEO using firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed Steel Media World Tour 2020 [most now postponed]
- Pocket Gamer Party during GDC, USA
- Big Indie Pitch during GDC, USA
- Mobile Mixer @ London Games Festival, UK
- Big Indie Pitch @ London Games Festival, UK
- Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle, USA: 11-12 May
- Big Screen Gaming Seattle, USA: 11-12 May
- Very Big Indie Pitch @ PGC Seattle
- Big Indie Pitch @ Digital Dragons, Poland
- Big Indie Pitch @ White Nights St Petersburg, Russia
- Big Indie Pitch during E3, USA
- Pocket Gamer Party during E3, USA
- Pocket Gamer Connects Hong Kong: 9-10 July
- Blockchain Gamer LIVE! Hong Kong: 9-10 July
- Very Big Indie Pitch @ PGC Hong Kong
- Big Indie Pitch during Develop Brighton, UK
- Big Indie Pitch during Chinajoy, China
- Pocket Gamer Party during Chinajoy, China
- Top 50 Mobile Games Makers during Gamescom, Germany
- Big Indie Pitch during Gamescom, Germany
- Pocket Gamer Party during Gamescom, Germany
- Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki, Finland: 29-30 Sept
- Big Screen Gaming PGC Helsinki, Finland: 29-30 Sept
- Very Big Indie Pitch @ PGC Helsinki
- Big Indie Pitch @ Tokyo Game Show
- Big Indie Pitch @ GIC, Poland
- Big Indie Pitch @ EGLX, Canada
- Big Indie Pitch @ White Nights Moscow, Russia
- Big Indie Pitch @ Sweden Games Conference, Sweden
- Big Indie Pitch during Game Connection Paris, France
- Pocket Gamer Connects Jordan: 7-8 Nov
- Big Screen Gaming Jordan: 7-8 Nov
- Very Big Indie Pitch @ PGC Jordan
- Big Indie Pitch @ Dev.Play, Romania
- Big Indie Pitch @ G-STAR, Korea
- Big Indie Pitch during MIGS Montreal, Canada
- Pocket Gamer Party during G-STAR, Korea
- Games Industry Christmas Mixer, London, UK
For the opportunity to present your brand to a highly targeted audience at one or more of these events, please contact Chris James email@example.com
Online outreach to the industry
Want worldwide access to the games industry any time of the year?
Talk to us about a range of sponsorship and content opportunities across our network of leading B2B media channels:
- PGbiz Middle East
- PC Games Insider
- Influencer Update
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Or communicate your message directly with end users through our consumer sites:
- 148 Apps
- Quality Index
For more information, email email@example.com.
See you at our next event!
We are still planning to host live events later in the year when lockdown ends. Helsinki would be a good place for you to catch up with us. In the meantime, do join us at one of our online Digital or Blockchain conferences, held using top matchmaking tools and Zoom videos.