The winners of the 2017 Nordic Game Awards have been revealed with developers Bridgeside Interactive and Grapefrukt Games bagging accolades for their titles.
The 2017 Nordic Game of the Year – Small Screen award went to Grapefrukt's Twofold Inc. The jury called it a "unique, gorgeous puzzle game on your smartphone, a game that stands out in a sea of lazy clones, a game created with heart and passion".
It beat out Clash Royale, Marin Magni's Mekorama, Pixelbite Games' Space Marshals 2 and Bridgeside Interactive's Clapper to receive the accolade.
Round of applause
Bridgeside Interactive's Clapper won the Best Fun For Everyone award, with the jury saying "this fantastic game takes play in its purest form and creates a gaming experience that truly is fun for everyone".
Clapper had picked up a third nomination in the Best Debut category, but lost to Art in Heart's PC game GoNNER.
Clash Royale was also nominated in the overall Nordic Game of the Year category, but lost to console game Inside by Playdead. In fact, Supercell's Clash Royale lost out in every category it was nominated in.
Supercell's card-based MOBA hasn't been completely ignored this award season. It picked up two Game of the Year wins at the Finnish Game Awards in April 2017.
You can see the full list of winners below:
- 2017 Best Audio: INSIDE / Playdead
- 2017 Best Fun for Everyone: Clapper / Bridgeside Interactive
- 2017 Best Debut: GoNNER / Art in Heart
- 2017 Best Technology: Hitman / IO Interactive
- 2017 Best Game Design: INSIDE / Playdead
- 2017 Best Art: INSIDE / Playdead
- 2017 Nordic Game of the Year – Small Screen: Twofold Inc. / Grapefrukt Games
- 2017 Nordic Game of the Year: INSIDE / Playdead
- 2017 Jury’s Special Mention: Owlboy / D-Pad Studio