This website is owned and operated by Steel Media Limited.
Steel Media Ltd is registered in England under company number 04352070 and our registered office is at The
House, Kelston Park, Bath, BA1 9AE, United Kingdom. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the incoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from May 25, 2018, we are the data controller.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration number
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information about your use of our sites including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data, operating system and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you create an account or engage our services you may need to provide your name, address, email address, telephone number and company name.
- Information provided when you order an admission ticket/pass for any of our parties or networking events.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means, including when you comments on our site, respond to our marketing communications, enter our competitions, complete our voluntary surveys or report a problem with our site.
- Your email address when you subscribe to receive information about our website news, offers and competitions.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive or you can configure your web browser so that it rejects cookies. To learn more about cookies and how to reject them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Many of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate correctly and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect from you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the products and services you order from us and to carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from those orders.
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To inform you of any changes to our site and/or our products and services.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically and therefore sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 ("Group").
- We may disclose your personal data to our subcontractors and other suppliers and service providers who we engage to assist with our administrative or business functions and to deal with any other matters in connection with our sites, our events and services and any agreements we enter into with you.
- We may disclose your personal data to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may disclose your personal data to advertisers and advertising networks that require anonymised data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 women aged 18-30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in a particular location). We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If Steel Media Limited, or substantially all of its or their assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its or their clients/users may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Steel Media Limited or any member of the company or others.
- Where we have obtained explicit consent from you, at time of entry or order, to disclose your details to competition sponsors or event sponsors.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING
By entering a Steel Media website competition you are agreeing for your name, email and answers to be recorded for the purpose of contacting you with news, information and offers which we feel would be of interest to you, and for contacting you in the event that you are a finalist or winner. You may be disqualified from being eligible from winning the Competition if you have not supplied those details either at the time of entry or via updating your profile/user page. You can opt out of receiving newsletters by sending an email to email@example.com, giving them your email address and details of the email newsletter you no longer wish to receive. We do not pass your details on to any third party unless we have explicitly declared this at the time of entry and in this instance will be as a term of entry specified by the Competition sponsor.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR you have the right to see a record of any personal data that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of GBP 20.00 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to us at the address below providing as much detail as possible to ensure we can locate the correct information.
Updated: May 2018