The Big Fish Games SDK provides the core foundational features for our games. It provides a consistent, compliant, and stable platform for mobile game development that actively supports our existing portfolio while accelerating all new game development. We collaborate with internal and partner studios around the world to publish the best casual games.
The Big Fish CentralTech team is looking for a passionate and experienced Client Software Architect to take the internal SDK to the next level by updating the technology, improving development workflow, and extending functionality, so game developers can spend more time focusing on making great games. The SDK consists of Unity C#, Android Java / Kotlin, iOS Objective-C/Swift, and is the backbone of all titles published by Big Fish Games.
As Client Software Architect, you will work with a product manager and a business partner to decide the direction of technology and gather requirements. You will design the entire SDK architecture and implement it with a group of software engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to define the technical direction for a world class SDK.
- Enhance our existing SDK with feature and architecture improvements
- Modernize the SDK through a shift to Unity from a native codebase
- Work with a technical director, a product manager, and a business partner to collect requirements and define the technology roadmap
- Take feedback from the game developers and mitigate pain points
- Provide SDK technical guidance and support to our external game teams
- Design and implement automated distribution and quality processes to deliver the SDK efficiently
- Coach and develop engineers through code review and direct guidance
- 10+ years in mobile app development (iOS & Android)
- Shipped successful mobile apps at scale
- 6+ years of Unity or C# application development experience
- Expert coding abilities in Unity or C#
- Experience designing systems encompassing multiple languages across iOS and Android platforms
- Strong architecture, OO design and coding skills
- Hard problem solving skills in unfamiliar environments
- Good verbal and written communication skills with technical and non technical stakeholders
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and willingness to help debug difficult issues
- Experience working on a development team that practices Agile/scrum methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience