This role will manage all build and release processes of many game teams and other development teams. You will need to help teams setup CI for building game clients using Jenkins and a variety of scripting languages and build frameworks. Optimization and sharing resources responsibility is a key goal for this position. Our processes sometimes needs customization, so you must be comfortable developing plugins and/or external apps to simplify a build process.
This position will interact with many different groups to gather requirements, as well as our Infrastructure Operations group to scale the build infrastructure. You'll be part of a highly collaborative, small team partnering with game developers and producers to optimize workflow to not only increase productivity, but also enjoyment of work.
- Proactively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure their satisfaction with the tools.
- Build reusable tools whenever possible while keeping in mind tradeoffs to meet delivery dates
- Maintain a build system for multiple games and multiple platforms, including an art pipeline for transforming source content into shippable content.
- Troubleshoot build creation or installation issues with internal team members as well as external development and QA teams.
- Identify manual processes that could be automated with tools.
- Implement improvements to the system based on changing development needs.
- 5+ years experience with industry standard CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CruiseControl, Buildbot, or TeamCity.
- Strong troubleshooting, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Familiarity with source control tools such Git and Subversion, including branching and merging.
- Familiarity with OS X development using Xcode.
- Familiarity with Android development and Eclipse.
- Very comfortable with Linux and Unix systems.
- Strong communication and time management skills—the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- A relentless passion for creating automated processes to reduce manual steps involved in build/release process.
- Bonus points if you have ever developed a Jenkins Plugin or custom Ant library.
- Extra bonus points if you have ever setup an entire distributed build system.
Other Key Attributes:
- A passion for social games and social networks
- Comfort working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Appreciation for being part of a fast-paced startup environment—an interest in working with a small team to create software used by millions of people every day
- Competitive Salaries
- Complete Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ FSA
- FREE breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks w/ beer on tap
- Company trips, Parties (we like to make fun and have fun!)
- Commuter program
- Great office and atmosphere
- Yoga Sessions
..and MUCH more!
Click here to apply:
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of DeNA West are considered property of DeNA West and are not subject to payment of agency fees.