The winners of the NASSCOM Gaming Forum Awards have been announced.
The 2016 ceremony, hosted at the NASSCOM Game Developer Conference in Hyderabad, was a celebration of best-in-class Indian game development in four categories.
The winners and runners-up were as follows:
Game of the Year
- Winner: MaskGun - Android and iOS (June Software)
- Runner-up: Pelè: Soccer Legend - Android and iOS (Cosi Games)
Indie Game of the Year
- Winner: Missing : Game for a Cause - Android (Leena Kejriwal)
Prize: Rs. 300,000 ($4418.92) and Unity Pro 12 month pro license.
- Runner-up: The Light Inside Us - iOS (Dastan Games)
Student Game of the Year
- Winner: Proximity - PC (Aditya Bhadana)
Prize: Rs. 100,000 ($1472.97) and Unity Pro 12 month pro license.
- Runner-up: DuraTron - PC (Rudra Nil Basu)
Upcoming Game of the Year (partly judged by PocketGamer.biz)
- Winner: Ultimate Parking Simulator - Mobile (UnderDOGS Gaming Studio)
Prize: Unity Pro 12 months pro license.
- Runner-up: Janken - Mobile (CENZY)
- Honourable Mentions: Alter Army - PC (Vague Pixels), Dilly Dally - Mobile (Seema Datar) and Jack and Jill 3D - Mobile (Rohan Narang).
"The NASSCOM Gaming Forum Awards 2016 honor Indian developers creating the best video games across all platforms," said NASSCOM Gaming Forum Chairman Rajesh Rao.
"The quality and innovation demonstrated from this years winners and runner-ups, shows off how far the Indian games development and publishing sector has come.
"This year's winners, MaskGun Multiplayer FPS, Missing: Game for a Cause, Proximity and Ultimate Parking Simulator, showcase the best games development talent that the Indian industry has to offer and demonstrates how brands built by Indian developers can appeal to players everywhere."