We're getting closer and closer to The Big Indie Awards 2018 in association with G-STAR. However, before we get to South Korea, we're heading back on the road in order to revisit some of our brand new locations from last year, alongside one brand new destination. What's more, we're taking The PC Indie Pitch on the road with us.
First up is a return to Poznan in Poland as we once again bring both the mobile-focused Big Indie Pitch and the PC Indie Pitch back to the show floor of the Game Industry Conference on October 11th.
This is then followed by our first ever trip to Skovde in Sweden, as we proudly host both the Big and PC Indie Pitches as a part of Sweden Game Arena.
That's not all though, as November is set to be just as action packed as October. First up and we will be returning to the Jordan Gaming Summit in Amman on November 2nd. What's more though, following this we'll be heading to Busan in South Korea from November 15th to 18th for a very special series of events.
It's a series of events that includes not only the return of The Big Indie Pitch, but also our first ever PC Indie Pitch in Korea and the Big Indie Awards 2018 in association with G-STAR. All three of which will take place on the show floor of one of Asia's biggest shows.
So, come and join us, as we put the spotlight on some of the most exciting mobile and PC indie developers from the whole world over in a range of pitches. Details on how to register including links can be found at the end of this article.
Not only is this a perfect opportunity for indie developers of all shapes and sizes, both regionally and internationally, to show off their latest game to a range of industry experts including journalists, investors, publishers and renowned indie developers, but it’s also a prime networking opportunity, and a great chance to get involved in an exciting conference as well.
Oh, did we mention that it's free to enter and that every developer will receive guaranteed editorial coverage and written feedback? There’s also be brand new prizes too that have been tailored specifically for the indie community.
Speed-dating, arcade style
We have many a regular entering the Big Indie Pitch, but most of our entrants are brand new to the event. So, if you’re one of those developers who has never entered the Big Indie Pitch before, you may be wondering just how it works. Well, if that’s the case, then let me explain.
The Big Indie Pitch process couldn’t be simpler. Developers come along with their games in hand, before being given five minutes to pitch their title to the first of five judge tables. Once the time is up, a horn will sound and it’s time to move onto the next table and do it all over again. Once developers have seen all five tables their turn is over and it's time for the next set of developers begin their pitches.
All in all, it’s a unique chance to place your game into the hands of some of the most influential minds in the industry and receive immediate feedback on your game over the course of the meeting.
Feedback, prizes and coverage
Following the pitch we’ll also collect up all of the feedback and email this over to you so you have a written record of just what the judges liked about the game, alongside some tips and advice on how they think you could grow it as you move forward with development.
Finally, those we’ll also have a range of prizes on offer at both pitches for the top three developers. Prizes which the lucky developers will be able to use across our portfolio of websites in order to market and promote their game, alongside free tickets to a Pocket Gamer Connects of your choice.
Interested, but not sure if you qualify?
Well if that describes you, then read on:
- You can pitch games for mobile, handheld (including Switch) mobile VR or AR in The BIg Indie Pitch, or if you're a PC developer then you can pitch your Windows, Mac or Linux games in The PC Indie PItch
- You can pitch your game even if you've pitched it at a previous pitch
- We prefer to see unreleased games, though we're happy to see games that are out too
- Your game doesn’t have to be completed, as we welcome games in development
- Deadline for entries are listed on each event page (entry details below). However, space is limited so the sooner you enter the more likely you are of being shortlisted
- Oh and did we mention it's completely free too?
Hopefully this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, as we're really looking forward to highlighting indie developers from the whole world over..
We look forward to seeing you all there. Oh, and don’t forget to bring your business cards.
Upcoming Pitch Event Pages:
- October 11th 2018 - The Big Indie Pitch at Game Industry Conference in Poznan 2018
- October 11th 2018 - The PC Indie Pitch at Game Industry Conference in Poznan 2018
- October 17th 2018 - The Big Indie Pitch at Sweden Game Arena 2018
- October 17th 2018 - The PC Indie Pitch at Sweden Game Arena 2018
- November 2nd to 3rd 2018 - The Big Indie Pitch at Jordan Gaming Summit 2018
- November 17th 2018 - The Big Indie Pitch at G-STAR 2018
- November 17th 2018 - The PC Indie Pitch at G-STAR 2018
- November 15th 2018 - The Big Indie Awards at G-Star 2018