Gamescom is nearly upon us, and with it we’re bringing our world-renowned Big Indie Pitch for all you talented indie developers out there.
Sponsored by Amazon Appstore, the event will take place at the Jameson Distillery in Cologne on August 16th 2016.
If you’re an indie developer working on a mobile, wearable, handheld or VR project game at any stage of development we want to see you there.
The setup is simple – it’s just like speed-dating.
Developers get four minutes to pitch their games to a panel of journalists and industry experts, before moving on to the next group and doing it all over again.
It's a unique chance to get your game in the hands of major players in the industry, as well as getting immediate feedback from them while you're at it.
If the judges like your game you could win some fantastic prizes, including promotional packages across Pocket Gamer, AppSpy, 148 Apps, and more.
You’ll also come away with expert insights on your game, something past BIP participants have assured us is invaluable.
Not sure if your game's eligible? Well:
- You can pitch games for mobile, VR, handheld and even for smartwatches.
- You can pitch your game even if you've pitched it at a previous BIP.
- We prefer to see unreleased games, though we're happy to see games that are out too.
- Your game doesn’t have to be completed, as we welcome games in development.
- Deadline for entries is midnight on August 5th 2016 (entry details below).
Sound good? Then head over to the event page to find out more about how to submit your game.
Don't have a game, but want to check out the action? You can. Grab a free Spectator ticket and just come and watch everything go down.
Whether you're pitching or spectating, don't forget to bring your business cards with you.