At Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015, Oscar Clark, Evangelist at Unity Technologies, led a panel of industry experts in a discussion about the future of VR gaming.
He was joined by:
- Nicole Lazzaro, CEO, XEO Design
- Barry Dorf, Vice President of Partnerships and Alliances, DeNA
- Andrew Trickett, Co-Founder and CFO, MergeVR
- Guy Bendov, Co-Founder and CEO, Side-Kick Games, and
- Suzanne Nguyen, Director, Samsung Developer Connection, Samsung Media Solutions Center America
Living in a bubble
Trickett pointed out that "we live in a bubble", and that VR development is largely unknown outside of the gaming sphere, so the first step is to raise awareness of VR.
Lazarro meanwhile spoke about the issue of "steering the hardcore market to other experiences", as while current VR setups can't completely deliver the hardcore experience, they can do other experiences very well.
You can see all our videos from Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015 in this YouTube Playlist.