Update: The winners of the Mobile Games Awards 2018 have now been announced.
Original story: The finalists for the inaugural Mobile Games Awards 2018 have been revealed.
The Mobile Games Awards will recognise the sector’s key players over the last year, from the developers making great games to the publishers, tool makers and service providers that are helping to build a platform for success.
After an extensive lobbying process and many hours of deliberation over the final shortlist, you can now see those who made the cut below.
93 of the world’s top games companies have made the list of finalists across 15 categories.
Finland-based Angry Birds developer Rovio has received the most nominations and is up for four separate awards.
Mobile gaming heavyweights Supercell (Clash of Clans, Clash Royale) and Playrix (Homescapes, Gardenscapes) are both up for three accolades each.
Most of the awards will be voted for by a panel industry judges, recognising the hard work of the teams and individuals that have shined over the last year.
We’re currently running the Pocket Gamer People’s Choice award voting, in which the players themselves will decide the year’s best game over the next few weeks.
We’ll also reveal the Mobile Legend in due course. This special lifetime achievement award recognises a person from anywhere in the world who has achieved a considerable amount of success in their career and has acted as a pioneer in the mobile games space.
The first ever Mobile Games Awards will take place on the second night of Pocket Gamer Connects London 2018, Tuesday, January 23rd 2018.
It will be hosted at the prestigious BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, London.
For sponsorship details please email Chris James at email@example.com.
Don't forget to register for a ticket to attend the Mobile Games Awards ceremony.
The Mobile Games Awards 2018 finalists
Game of the Year
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - DeNA / Nintendo
- Battle Bay - Rovio
- Golf Clash - Playdemic
- Guns of Boom - Game Insight
- Homescapes - Playrix
- Iron Marines - Ironhide Games
- Lineage 2: Revolution - Netmarble
- Monument Valley 2 - Ustwo
- Titanfall: Assault - Particle City
- Warhammer Quest 2 - Perchang
- Gram Games
- Outplay Entertainment
Best Indie Developer
- Adriaan de Jongh & Sylvain Tegroeg
- Edgeworks Entertainment
- Fat Fish Games
- Foxglove Studios
- Part Time Monkey
- Robot Circus
- Rumpus Animation
- Team Ocmo
- Nexon M
- Spil Games
Best Development Tool
- GameMaker Studio 2
- Roblox Studio
- Unreal Engine
Best Back-end Solution
- Heroic Labs
Best Advertising & UA
- Google Ads
- Unity Ads
Best Marketing Campaign
- Angry Birds Evolution: Tribute to Iron Maiden - Rovio
- Clash of Clans Builder campaign - Supercell
- Fastlane: Road to Revenge - Space Ape Games
- Final Fantasy A New Empire: Alexis Ren influencer campaign - MZ
- Gear.Club & Pagani joint launch 2.5M$ Huayra Roadster car - Eden Games
- Into the Dead 2 - Launch campaign - PikPok
- Nonstop Chuck Norris - Flaregames
- Don't Download Best Fiends - Seriously
Best Analytics / Data Tool
- App Annie
- Pricing Cloud
Best QA + Localisation Service Provider
- Amber Studio SRL
- Pole To Win
- Universally Speaking
Best Technological Innovation
- Facebook Instant Games
- Fitness Village
- Razer Phone
Best Game Management & Live Ops
- Angry Birds 2 - Rovio
- Clash of Clans - Supercell
- CSR Racing 2 - Zynga / NaturalMotion
- Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle - Bandai Namco
- Gardenscapes - Playrix
- Pearl's Peril - Wooga
- Pokemon GO - Niantic
- The Walking Dead: No Man's Land - Next Games
Best Recruitment Agency
- Aardvark Swift
- Games Jobs Finland
- OPM Response
To be announced
Pocket Gamer People’s Choice
The nominations process has begun for players to vote on our sister-site PocketGamer.co.uk.
Best of luck to all the finalists and a big thanks to everyone who lobbied.