This is one of the awards' key categories, for which readers of our consumer-focused sibling site PocketGamer.com nominate – which they again did in their thousands – their favourite games experience of the last year.
Given the volume of submissions, the 20-strong shortlist we've ended up with offers a luscious gaming landscape in both approach and genre, from reworked casual classics to retro revivals, awesome arcade action to serious strategic simulation:
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (Ustwo games, iOS)
- Aztec Ride (Drimia Interactive, Android)
- Beyond a Steel Sky (Revolution Software, Apple Arcade)
- Clusterduck (PikPok, iOS/Android)
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run (King, Android)
- Crying Suns (Humble Games, Android)
- Dead by Daylight Mobile (NetEase, iOS/Android)
- Dungeon Dogs – Idle RPG (PocApp Studios, Android)
- Genshin Impact (MiHoYo, iOS/Android)
- Guardian Tales (Kakao Games, iOS/Android)
- Gumslinger (Itatake, iOS/Android)
- League of Legends: Wild Rift (Riot Games, iOS)
- Root Board Game (Dire Wolf Digital, iOS/Android)
- Roundguard (Wonderbelly Games, iOS)
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Aspyr, Android)
- Slay The Spire (Humble Games, iOS)
- Solitaire Cruise Card Games: Classic Tripeaks Game (Belka Games, Android)
- SpongeBob: Krusty Cook-Off (Tilting Point, iOS)
- The Bonfire 2: Uncharted Shores (Xigma Games, iOS)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive, iOS)
Ask them and they will vote
Now that the finalists are live, we're giving PG.com's readers a month to vote for the one they feel should win.
And if one of the games on the list happens to be yours, you can encourage them to do so too – there is nothing in the rules that prevents a studio from getting its audience involved. The only thing to be aware of is that Pocket Gamer People's Choice Award 2021 voting closes on June 30th, 2021.
Meanwhile, the fourth outing of the PG Mobile Games Awards – with its 22 categories set to celebrate every sector of this industry – forges ahead and is set to take place on Tuesday, July 20th at a central London location (pandemic permitting) – tickets will be available soon.
For PG Mobile Games Awards sponsorship details, please contact Steel Media CEO Chris James: email@example.com.