Home   >   News

User acquisition, engagement and retention: Inside the Growth Track at Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle

Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle will run from May 13th to 14th
User acquisition, engagement and retention: Inside the Growth Track at Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle
Stay Informed
Get Industry News In Your Inbox…
Sign Up Today

With less than a week to go until Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle takes place on May 13th and 14th, we’re taking the opportunity to highlight the 10 tracks on offer at the event (plus there's also four tracks over on PC Connects).

In the build-up, we will be looking at one specific track daily to give you a better idea of what to expect.

Today we’re looking at the Growth Track, which is a new addition to the Seattle line-up that will offer essential insight into user acquisition and retention techniques on top of how to successfully grow your game.

The Growth Track is sponsored by Minimob.

May 13th

10:20 - First on the agenda, Minimob SVP of US operations Loukas Petropouleas will hold a talk on creative user acquisition and tactics for apps by utilising his experience in mobile advertising.

10:40 - Following this, deltaDNA chief product officer Isaac Roseboom will be discussing how to make games profitable in 2019, with an interesting look at how 80 per cent of this process is focused on data and the remaining 20 per cent put down to sheer luck.

11:00 - Dana Ramnarine then will then lead a talk on the top three top and tricks developers can do to amplify their studio’s message, cultivate organic conversations with talent and build a healthy pipeline of engaged employees.

11:20 - Appatheia LLC founder and CEO Kelly Maguire shall next speak on marketing and business when budgeting as an indie developer. This will include how to consider monetization within the game concept and how to optimise as a commercial effort.

11:40 - Next up, Bunch CEO Selcuk Atli will talk about how developers can leverage different technologies for better player retention while reducing friction within their community.

12:00 - PG Connects regular and Fundamentally Games co-founder Oscar Clark shall then be discussing how to optimise user acquisition by aligning campaigns with live operation strategies.

12:20 - Rounding out the track, we have an exciting panel surrounding the complexity and compliance in modern user acquisition. Participants include Lab Cave senior business development Jami Wardman, Nexon senior user acquisition manager Robert Garfinkle, former HyperMX SVP and GM Dan Laughlin, DoubleDown Interactive head of UA Faith Price and Minimob SVP of US operations Loukas Petropouleas.

These sessions are from just one of the 10 tracks taking place at the show the year.

You can check out our full schedule to see the other impressive speakers attending, though be sure to check back for updates as we get closer to the event.

Like what you see? There’s still time to register for Pocket Gamer Connect Seattle right here.